The Zagorias Federation Army or ZFA is a fictional army in Time Crisis 3 that invaded and occupied 80% of Astigos Island. The army is led by General Giorgio Zott. They are a well-equipped army with good equipment.
The ZFA has different classes of soldiers.
- "Normal" class soldiers are dressed in light green fatigues. There are a few varieties of these soldiers: some have gas masks, others seem to have night vision goggles on, variants have masks and others don't, etc. In cutscenes, these soldiers are shown to use FN P90s but in game they use only M1911/Beretta M92 hybrid handguns. The rate of of these soldiers hitting you is very low.
- "Armorer" class soldiers are dressed in white and yellow fatigues. They also use M1911/Beretta M92 hybrid handguns in game, but shooting them (and then following up with up to 2 more shots for extra points as with all enemy types) yields you ammunition for your machine gun, shotgun, and grenade. E.g. you land one shot (enough to kill), and you get rewarded with ammunition for your machine gun. However, if you land three shots (one is still sufficient to kill soldiers of this class), you may yield three times the regular reward of ammunition. Rewards are not limited to a single ammunition type (in example, you may garner two machine gun rewards and one shotgun rewards if you land three shots). The obtained ammunition are varied, such as:
- Machine Gun (Drops 30, 20 and 10 rounds respectively and if player got 3 machine gun ammunition the ammo gained is capped to 90)
- Shotgun (Drops 4, 2, 1 shells respectively and capped to 7 shells if player got 3 Shotgun)
- Grenade (Drops only capped to 1 with max of 3)
- "Armored" class soldiers are also dressed in orange fatigues and are seen with full face mask and night vision goggles. They are the first armored enemy in the game. About 4 shots from the handgun are enough to kill them. They use FN P90s in cutscenes and in the game.
- "Acrobat" class soldiers are dressed in blue and oily grey fatigues. They are a special operations class of soldiers. They literally have the ability to jump up to thirty feet (approximately) in the game while doing various acrobatic maneuvers such as cartwheels. Their only weapon is wolverine-style melee blades attached to their wrists. They are also armored, requiring 3 shots to kill with the handgun. They also have the ability to cling to most surfaces like spiders; this is most prominent in the train level on the bridge segment.
- The ones guarding Randy Garrett are similar to the standard "Acrobat" class soldiers in terms of ability but are dressed in yellow and brown fatigues. They are more resistant to damage, requiring 10 shots to kill with the handgun.
- "Sharpshooter" class soldiers are dressed in red fatigues. Even though they are not armored, they have the highest kill shot ratio, which makes them very dangerous. Most of the time, their first shot is marked as lethal in the game. Prioritizing these soldiers as targets is a priority. In a few cutscenes, they are shown as armed with FN P90s, but in game they use M1911/Beretta M92 hybrid handguns.
- "Specialist" class soldiers are dressed in blue fatigues. There are several categories of these soldiers:
- "Throwers" are soldiers that wield either edged throwing knifes or M26 grenades. They are not armored.
- "Flamers" are soldiers that wield M2 flamethrowers. They are armored, requiring 3 shots to kill with the handgun.
- "Missile Men" wield Carl Gustav M2 rocket launchers. They are not armored. However, the rockets they fire cannot be shot down.
- "Sniper" class soldiers are dressed in white and red fatigues. They are exclusive enemies in the Rescue Mission mode and are equipped with Accuracy International Precision Marksman rifles for long-range attacks. They have higher accuracy than "normal" class soldiers and are sometimes hard to spot especially in wooded areas.
Occasionally, "normal", "sharpshooter", and "armorer" class soldiers will use riot shields that cannot be penetrated.
The ZFA has access to good transportation equipment:
- In some segments, the ZFA use dirt bikes.
- Twin rotor planes similar to the US V-22 Osprey are present (one or two are used in boss fights), they are armed with a forward heavy Gatling cannon, triple side heavy machine guns, and a few rocket pods attached on the wings.
- They have several functional replicas of the Ariete tank that are used in combat.
- They have several mini-subs which have heavy machine guns attached to their con towers and are also equipped with missile launchers. They are used in the river segment of the Arcade Mode.
- They have a train which is armed with an anti-armor cannon, a pair of rocket pods, and three Gatling cannons. It only appears in the train fight of the Rescue Mission mode.
- They appear to have access to high-tech electricity/energy output vehicles in the final boss battle. These armored vehicles are wheeled unlike the main battle tanks and appear to have some sort of large resonance dish on top of them instead of turret - this dish fires electricity at targets.
- They also use a large anti-ship and/or anti-air weapon cannon which is situated on top of a bunker on a landing beach. This is presumed to be part of Astigos' defense grid.
It is evidenced that they have a paramilitary type rank structure, as each boss seems to have their favorite type of class of soldier which they command.
The ZFA has nuclear capability seeing as they deployed four tactical missiles at Astigos (it is unknown whether or not each missile had one warhead or multiple warheads). The deployment of these missiles threatened neighboring countries and so, the V.S.S.E. was dispatched to neutralize the threat.